Welcome to the 4 Star Academy Adult Tennis Program Guide. Our program is designed for all levels of play – from complete beginners to advanced players competing at the USTA 5.0 level. Our goal is to provide everything a player could want from his or her time on the court!
We have five program formats described as follows:
- Clinics – designed to improve stroke production through fed ball drills and doubles strategy through live ball drills; clinics are offered for players from beginner to 4.5
- Aerobic Tennis – focused on fast-paced drills that give a player a workout in 90 minutes; for all levels, these classes will allow players to hit a lot of balls in a short period of time!
- Match Play & Drill – created to provide a combination of coached doubles match play and doubles drilling; in a two hour day, each player will spend one hour in doubles match play with a pro providing match play coaching; each player will also spend 30 minutes on each of two drill court with pros working to develop doubles skills and strategies; for players from 3.0 to 4.0
- Stroke Development – NEW – designed to provide groundstroke, volley, and serve development in a setting similar to a private lesson, but with more hitting for less cost; two pros will work with a group of 4-5 players on one court; one pro feeds and gives quick feedback while another pro pulls players aside to provide more detailed stroke development; for all levels with the goal of improving technique!
- League Play – NEW – winter daytime league play is hard to come by, so now 4 Star is offering the option of signing up a team to compete in a 4 Star adult league; scheduling will be easy as teams will play at the same time and day every week! team play will consist of 3 doubles matches with an average of two matches per month
For more information, please call 4 Star at (703)573-7777.